Gray Plumbing Inc is seeking a motivated individual to join our team. The plumbing installer’s main priorities are to install, maintain, and repair plumbing fixtures, pipes, and water, air, and gas systems. They will perform a thorough inspection and testing of plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists in repairing, and installing various systems or components to include toilets, sinks, vents, faucets, water softeners, garbage disposals, sewer lines, vacuum breakers, hot water heaters, etc.
- Requests equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure the availability of materials dig to gain access to underground plumbing.
- Break, excavate and pour and finish concrete.
- Performing cutting, welding, and assembling of pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
Other relevant duties as assigned by the needs of the company qualifications
- 1+ years of plumbing installation experience.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, managers, and peers, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- Computer proficiency.
- Ability to read, communicate, and understand the english language.
- Ability to meet all company safety requirements.
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work in tight, cramped spaces with limited accessibility. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and traveling by all possible modes of transportation.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and kneel occasionally; bend, stoop, reach with arms supported and unsupported; push, pull, grasp, twist and turn frequently, lift up to 75 pounds unassisted, lift up to 100 pounds with assistance work in tight, cramped spaces, crawl and climb ladders infrequently; ability to perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
- Equipment used in performing the essential job functions includes but are not limited to: jackhammer, hydrojetter equipment, drain cleaning equipment, soldering tools, chop saw, sawsall, band saw, tile saw, portable pipe threading equipment, drills, drill bits, hammer drill, and sewer camera equipment. Tablet/phone and other computer equipment are also used in the course of performing essential job functions.
Why work at Gray Plumbing Inc
- Member of the local 343 union
- Company paid medical plans to choose from with spouse and dependents covered
- Plans cover employees and dependents 100%
- Dental and vision included
- Company-provided cell phone and/or tablet
- Company provided uniforms
- Company-paid pension plan
- Paid time off and 11 paid company holidays
- No on-call or weekend work
- Professional development and training and much more!
Please complete the application below. This application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Each question should be answered in a complete and accurate manner as no action can be taken on this application until all questions have been answered. This questionnaire is a pre-employment application only.