Are You A Great Plumber At A Bad Company Looking for a Career?
Look no further than Gray Plumbing! Gray Plumbing Inc. is looking for a motivated Plumbing Service Expert to join our team. This role is ideal for candidates with effective communications skills, technical expertise, and a strong focus on customer service. We have very aggressive growth plans for the next 1-3 years. If your personal growth plans match ours, we may have a spot for you on our team. Must have a clean driving record, and strong work ethic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of Journeyman-level plumbing tasks with demonstrated proficiency.
- Trouble-shoots a broad range of residential and commercial plumbing problems.
- Trouble-shoots plumbing problems concealed behind walls, in ceilings, attics, crawl spaces and underground.
- Repairs, replaces, and installs plumbing fixtures, plumbing systems, faucets, toilets, water heaters, water lines, gas lines, sinks, showers, bathtubs, sprinklers, sump pumps, expansion tanks, re-circulating pumps, garbage disposals, dishwashers, ranges, ice maker lines, sump pumps, and water purification systems.
- Performs drain cleaning services for sewer lines, kitchen and laundry lines, toilets, bathtubs/showers, sinks, and storm drains
- Digs holes and trenches, cuts sheetrock, stucco and concrete to expose concealed leaks.
- Crawls under houses and in attic crawl spaces to inspect, diagnose and repair plumbing problems.
- Plumbing Expert documents findings, recommendations, and completed work
- Accurately prepares digital written estimates and calculates cost for proposed work
- Tests all completed work; collects payment and/or verifies customer billing information
- Routinely keeps track of parts and supplies used on customer jobs and re-stocks inventory on the service vehicle
- Attends weekly staff meetings, safety meetings, and participates in ongoing training.
- Conducts weekly maintenance and safety check of service vehicle; reports any repair issues to immediate supervisor.
- Properly maintains tools and equipment and reports any service/repair issues to immediate supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with company safety policies.
- May be required to work overtime
- Pursue every job with drive and determination.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the needs of the business.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable of pipe threading equipment, electronic drain cleaning equipment, soldering techniques; installation, bending and sweating of copper pipe; installation of PEX, Kitec, ABS pipe, PVC. pipe and Fernco connections.
- Must be knowledgeable of Uniform Building Code requirements and specific City and County Building Code requirements for Greater Fairfield and the surrounding area.
- Demonstrates strong trouble-shooting ability and problem solving abilities, excellent customer service skills, analytical skills, technical plumbing skills.
- Must have ability to exercise sound judgment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the safe operation of manually operated hand tools and power driven hand tools and equipment, which may include: jackhammer, hydro jetter equipment, drain cleaning equipment, soldering tools, chop saw, sawsall, band saw, portable pipe threading equipment, drills, drill bits, hammer drill and sewer camera equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, managers, and peers, both written and verbally
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results driven environment.
- Ability to read, communicate, and understand the English language.
- Ability to meet all Company safety requirements.
Education, Experience, Certification, and Training
- 3+ years of plumbing experience, preferably with experience in plumbing service and repair.
- Clean DMV record and the ability to be insured.
Location, Physical Requirements, and PPE
- Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work in tight, cramped spaces with limited accessibility. May work around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and travelling by all possible modes of transportation.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel occasionally; Bend, stoop, reach with arms supported and unsupported; Push, pull, grasp, twist and turn frequently, lift up to 75 pounds unassisted, lift up to 100 pounds with assistance work in tight, cramped spaces, crawl and climb ladders infrequently; ability to perceive depth and operate a motor vehicle.
- Equipment used in performing the essential job functions include but are not limited to: jackhammer, hydrojetter equipment, drain cleaning equipment, soldering tools, chop saw, sawsall, band saw, tile saw, portable pipe threading equipment, drills, drill bits, hammer drill and sewer camera equipment. Ipad, iphone, and other computer equipment is also used in the course of performing essential job functions.
WHY WORK AT GRAY PLUMBING:
- Competitive compensation and generous Bonus and Commission programs
- Experienced average Plumber makes $75,000 - $150,000
- Member of the Local 343 Union
- Company Paid Medical Plans to choose from with spouse and dependents covered
- Plans covers Employees and Dependents 100%
- Dental and Vision included
- Company vehicles and gas cards
- Company-provided cell Phone and/or Tablet
- Company provided uniforms
- Company paid pension plan
- Paid time off and 11 paid company holidays
- No on-call or weekend work
- Professional development and training and much more!
Please complete the application below.
This application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Each question should be answered in a complete and accurate manner as no action can be taken on this application until all questions have been answered. This questionnaire is a pre-employment application only.