Particularly in bathrooms, hair is one of the most typical things to cause drains to become stopped up. Loose strands have a habit of finding their way into drains, such as those found in sinks and bathtubs, which, over time, can cause obstructions in the pipes that connect the two. However, because the best drain cleaners for hair all claim to achieve the same goal (removing clogged hair and debris), it is essential to focus on how they accomplish this goal and determine which hair removal method will work best for you. This is because the best drain cleaners for hair all claim to achieve the same purpose.
1. Best Basic Drain Snake – Vastar 4 Pack 19.6 Inch Drain Snake Hair Drain Clog Remover Cleaning Tool
- Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene
- 19. The 6″ flexible barbed wand can easily grip and remove impediments like clusters of hair, food, or trash.
- Four packs of plastic drain augers and plumbing snakes
- Excellent drain tool for clearing obstructions in sink and shower drains; flexes at P-trap
- Less expensive and more environmentally friendly than drain cleaners with harmful chemicals
- Soft enough to bend in various strainers and pipes, perfect for bathtubs, showers, kitchen, bathroom, and utility sinks.
2. A Drain Auger Worthy of Investment – General Pipe Cleaners R-25SM Spin Thru Drain Auger with 1/4-Inch by 25-Feet Cable (P-25SM)
If hair clogs are a tiresome, recurring issue, consider investing in a spin-through drain auger. At $25, it’s a fraction of the cost of a plumber’s visit, and unlike chemical cleansers, you won’t need to keep buying it. Feed the metal cable into the drain to operate. When you approach the hair clog, you tighten the thumb screw and turn the hand crank to “drill” the metal cable into the obstruction, cleaning it out. Then, rinse any remaining hair down the drain. This tool’s steel canister and easy-to-grip handle are best for 2-inch gutters. Amazon reviewers have awarded it a nearly four-star average rating despite a steeper learning curve than the other products on our list.
3. The Best Chemical Drain Cleaner – Green Gobbler Drain Clog Dissolver, 31 oz
- Dissolves flushable personal care wipes, soap, toilet paper, and hair.
Put an end to backed-up drains once and for all, and forget about the filthy chore of plunging into clogged toilets! Green Gobbler’s compelling composition dissolves soap scum, hair, toilet paper, flushable personal care wipes, and other organic debris that may be clogging your pipes, in addition to clearing blocked drains.
- This drain and pipe cleaner is a simple and effective solution to clear obstructions.
It comes in easy-to-use packaging and has a powerful and effective formula. No need to measure with our dual-chamber bottle’s two pre-measured applications!
- Multiple USES
This drain opener is secure for pipelines, sinks, tubs, and showers. The solution doesn’t contain bleach or sodium hydroxide and is non-corrosive to pipes.
- REFUND GUARANTEE
Green Gobbler provides a 30-day hassle-free money-back guarantee. If unsatisfied with your outcomes, get in touch with our customer care team.
Hair is truly one of the most common things that get caught in drains, and when you don’t have a good cleaner on hand, it can be a real pain to get out. At Gray Plumbing, we’re here to help you with your hair clog problems so you can get back to enjoying your day. We address and fix drain issues promptly, efficiently, and at reasonable rates.